Our Chef Andy from Circus Day Nursery here in Cheltenham will be putting together one of your children’s favourite recipes once a month and we will publish it here on our blog.
Be sure to Like Our Facebook Page so you don’t miss the recipes as they are published.
Your children get their 5 a day here at Circus, but why not have your whole family try out some of the delicious and healthy dishes your children have already enjoyed at the nursery? We could all use more fruit and vegetables in our diet. Plus you’ll appreciate how easy each recipe is to prepare.
Need some tips on preparing these dishes with your children? This previous post gives tips on how to cook with your child. They might feel quite proud that the whole family will eat something they eat at nursery.
This month we are featuring:
Moroccan style vegetables with cous cous
– Take 3 peppers (various colours) chop and place into a large saute pan
– Take 3 courgettes chop and place in with peppers
– Add 1 small onion, chopped
– Soften vegetables for a 2/3 mins over a medium heat with a little oil
– Then add 1 tin of chopped tomatoes and one tin of drained and rinsed chick peas
– Stir in Moroccan style herbs to taste and allow for flavours to intensify
– Prepare cous cous as directed
– Add cous cous to veg pan and stir
– Heat all ingredients through and serve
Let us know how you get on in the comments below! We’d love to hear how it went or if you have any suggestions for us to publish other recipes that your children talk about enjoying at Circus Day Nursery.